Sunday, January 15, 2012

T.M.F.I .....

It appears that many of you have been patiently waiting and anxious to know how this new vegan way of life is effecting my weight over the almost 2 weeks... well, let me tell you.  (you asked for it if you continue on)

I started the challenge on January 2nd , after 5 days (Jan 6th) I was down 2 lbs...woot woot you say.  I was all aglow with my progress, despite the bitter under tone of "others" I know on various new years diets who have lost maybe a few more then me.  But HEY ! thats ok, its allllll water weight. 
I have resigned myself to NOT get on the scale more then once per week.  I did not want the results of the scale to effect what I ate or how much I ate.

So today I jumped on the all important machine.... and of course, I was UP 1.5 lbs... (frickity frack).
However, not shortly after my devastating blow, there was a knock at my mother nature door.  And for many of you who know me very well, realize that this unexpect visit, comes few and far between.  (and for those who dont know me well... you do now, whether or not you want to...but I did warn you a paragraph ago).

Yes, there she was, Aunt Flo... who I had not seen in quite sometime, was standing in my door way with ALL her luggage.  And well ladies... we allll know what happens when Aunt Flo shows up... husbands get kicked to the dog house, co-workers hide under their desks, and of course, alll the luggage adds up on the scale. 
So, I am not sweating buckets just yet. In fact, having only put 1.5 lbs back on, instead of 4 or 5, tells me that chances are , before she showed up ... I was down more weight.

But here is the important part... I FEEL SOOO MUCH BETTER !!!  I dont feel bloated, with or without help. Meal time doesn't turn into a Post Turkey Dinner Thanksgiving session with the pants 1/2 zipped and our hands tucked in under the waist band like we are Napolian, relaxing after a long day in the battle field.
Though after eating some meals, I feel quite full, I don't feel sick or feel the need to lay down and take nap. And the feeling of being full, is usually gone within 1/2 hour after eating.
I'm lighter in my steps, I'm finding going down stairs a bit more balanced, going up, well that sucks no matter what. ...hhhehehe. 
My clothes feel not so restricting, and despite trying not to do any added exercise for the first month, I'm finding it very difficult to sit still in the evening. 
So, unfortunately for now, we will all have to wait one more week to see the true efforts of all my work.  And lets hope that Flo is on the next Red Eye out of here.. (pun intended) .
Until then.... keep Vegan'ing !!


7 comments:

  1. Yes, a temporary set back for scale results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JULIA, KEEP ON GOING, YOUR BLOG IS INSPIRING. I LOOK FORWARD TO IT. IT IS INFORMATIVE, HUMORUS AND GREAT READING. BETH IN OREGON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julia, I love reading your blog. Aunt Flo is just a pain in the butt but thankfully she doesn't stay for very long. You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been married to her long enough to know that the butt ain't the part that gets the pain!

      (Actually... it's usually more a pain in MY butt...)

      Delete
  4. hahahah well for my body it doesn't seem to make a difference if Aunt Flo comes as my weight didn't seem to go down afterwards. For someone who weighs herself twice daily, I haven't seen a major drop after Aunt Flo packs her bags and leaves. BUT that is just me....
    I'm currently up a few pounds as I stopped WW and I'm eating what I want....but it isn't going up as much as I thought it would and that is good. On the flip side I'm sure it will come down on it's own soon enough.
    Enough about me.....you are doing awesome! I'm happy for you..the extra stamina is an awesome feeling.
    Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep blogging girl...and I'll keep reading. (Makes people at work wonder what's so funny!) Your blogs are inspiring and humorous - to say the least Julia! I look forward to your next blog to brighten my day! Good luck my friend :0) Buffy - Langley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this web site. I'm hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own web site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.
    Noritake Platinum Wave Square Accent Plate

    ReplyDelete